Monday, April 02, 2007

For a change, French Jews

I'm a fan of anything that helps answer the question of how to go about studying French Jews from a literary perspective. Allison Schachter's Haaretz review of Hana Wirth-Nesher's "Call it English - The Languages of Jewish-American Literature" has convinced me to track down this book and somehow read it along with the three others I'm currently in the middle of (to say nothing of attempts at relearning Hebrew and learning Dutch). As I've been told now twice, I really do need to learn Yiddish. And not just the Dutch-Hebrew fusion that will result from my current "language studies" if they become studies without the quotes.

In other news, how uplifting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you thought that was uplifting, check this out.

marcel said...

hello
rendez vous sur jewisheritage
a bientot